Thursday, September 1, 2016

About Me


Welcome to Brentwood High School!
 Meet the teacher: Mrs. Castillo




Welcome to the new school year! My name is Mrs. Castillo and I am so glad to be your Social Studies teacher this year. I hope you had a great summer, I know I did. I have been working all summer to find creative and fun ways to make you love history as much as I do. I know we will have a great year.
         Here is a little about myself and family:
I have been a teacher in Brentwood high School for over 13 years and I love it! I have always wanted to be a teacher and find it to be very rewarding working with older kids. I was born and raised on Long Island and I am a first generation American. Both my parents are immigrants and I grew up in a home where English was my second language. I have a daughter, Isabella who is 9 years old and thinks she is going to be ninja: I also have a son, Matthew who is four and thinks he is a super hero, or Jedi knight depending on the day. My husband and I have been together for over 14 years and we met at Brentwood. Brentwood will always be special to me because it has given me a beautiful family and rewarding career.
         I am looking forward o meeting all of you and having a wonderful year.

















1 comment:

  1. Hey ms.its cesar de los rios. Idk if you remember me but im taking classes to be an lpn but i need advice... more like advice for my teacher since shes new and without a real plan to teach me and my class mates. And we are worried!!! If you can could you please get back to me at cesar45596@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete